THE BIG SHOW
Wax on, wax off. Not only is that timeless advice from Mr Miyagi applicable to mastering martial arts, but is also how we buff Tango Fiesta into a wonderful polished sheen for you.
As mentioned last week, from tomorrow and all weekend long, we’re showing Tango Fiesta at the Eurogamer Expo at Earl’s Court in London. We’ve therefore chosen to shift some of our focus to polish and bugs in the game that aren’t directly associated with networking. Needless to say it’s been a lot of fun, and the game’s come on leaps and bounds in the last few days!
Bodies, blood and bullet casings now stick around! What a battlefield!
So we’re heading to Eurogamer Expo from tomorrow for four solid days of gaming goodness! We found out pretty late that we had a spot, so it’s been a last-minute adjustment to get things ready. I’ve checked the booths, installed the game, and we’re ready to go. This update is a pretty huge one, and just to share a bit of the EGX fun with anyone out there not able to come along to the show, we’ve left in a little nod to the event in the Killionaire levels.
Killionaire gets a temporary themed makeover!
- Added new arena for Killionaire boss fights.
- Permanence. Bullet casings, blood, bodies and scorch marks all stick around long after you’ve finished dealing justice!
- New attract mode added, if no input detected, trailers start playing until input is detected
- 100+ new rooms added to the level generation system between Killionaire & Ghoul Squad
- New props added for Killionaire
- Pickups are now magnetised, and will attract to you when nearby
- Fixed issue with the pathfinding system getting a bit confused and giving the same path to multiple enemies.
- Fixed issue with enemies not always responding, or moving, when they were supposed to.
- Fixed issue with getting stuck on rocks and the like.
- Fixed UI layering issues with interactions, reviving and progress bars
- Bullets no longer collide with dead, or downed, enemies
- Join in progress issues now fixed.
- Grenades now work against Bosses
- Fixed movement issues with Ghouls in Ghoul Squad.
- Ghoul deathsplosion now causes damage
- Fixed weapon positioning and layering
- Fixed aiming direction (again)
- Fixes to level generation bugs, which would cause levels to get stuck on 80-90% generation
- Fixed offset to objective markers and radio tower beacon
- The loading screen no-longer auto jumps to level. Now requires user input to go past that screen
- Banners updated in Killionaire for EGX
- Join in progress prompts now updated to use correct new assets.
- Updated objective room layout mapping, objectives no longer overlap each other
- Various enemy behaviours have been updated.
- Updated level generation configs
- Various prop settings updated
- Reduced the size of levels Jungle-2 and Jungle-3
- Occasional overlap of generic rooms with Spawn Room in Killionaire.
The next fortnight will not be cut short, and will see us focusing once more on the online side of the game. Fingers crossed we can get to the root of the hosting issues… because once we have, we’re on the home stretch!
See you in a re-run…