Somewhere… somehow… someone’s going to pay. We just hope it’s not us.
A massive apology this week - we’re unable to release our weekly patch!
We were planning on dropping in so much great content, but a couple of crippling and very unexpected issues have meant we just don’t think we can release the update in its current - very untested - state.
I’ve done a video diary this week anyway seeing as I didn’t get a chance to last week (thanks Gamescom! Thanks broken PC’s!) and you can watch it above to see what we’ve been up to…
So what’s been plaguing us this week?
One issue has come about through our decision to update the weapon system. The aim (Get it? Aim!) was to make it more future proof, and allow us to be more generous/stronger/ better/faster with new weapons for you to play with in the future, and we just haven’t had the time to iron out all the wrinkles. Because the weapon system is used by the player, the enemies and some bosses, it would affect everyone all the time if we released it in a sub-par state, and that’s just not cool.
The main reason for this being unfinished is our second bug. Basically, the Mac build refused to work and we had to spend about two solid days figuring out why. It was a bit of a nightmare, but we had to do it because half of our dev team runs OSX, and they were unable to do any useful work without it. Not only that, but you guys running the game on what is already not-quite-parity with PC would have been very unhappy. So again, not releasing until that was fixed was paramount.
It has been fixed though, which is great but…
…this OSX build bug has done is mean we couldn’t polish the weapon system off properly, and again because it’s so integral, we don’t want to plop it in your lap without at least the amount of testing we do internally on other features.
What I’m hoping this means is that next week should be a bit of a bumper week - we’ve got lots done and very nearly ready to show in the downtime we’ve had, but it’s so frustrating because we just haven’t had the normal time we’d expect to implement it all to a satisfactory level.
I’m really gutted about this. It’s the first time we’ve simply said ‘no’ to our normal weekly schedule since we launched on Early Access 13 weeks ago, but we hope you’re all having fun playing as Dr Henk and throwing Molotov Cocktails around in the meantime.
Our sincerest apologies, and see you next week.
- 1 hour ago
- 3 weeks ago
- 1 month ago
Episode 2 of Series 2, this is our second patch video since launch, introducing a brand new boss as well as tons of tweaks to every gun and the combat system, various bug fixes and more. Have a watch!
PATCH 6 FULL NOTES:
We’ve added a brand new boss for the Jungle levels!
After working long and hard on tweaking combat and every single weapon in the game, plus various bug fixes, tweaks and community-suggested changes, we decided it was time to unleash Queen Yatcha on you wonderful lot!
Currently only available in singleplayer or local multiplayer (we’re still facing some troubles with all bosses in Online play), Yatcha Queen is from a race so damn ugly that they invented stealth suits! She’s too vain to use one though, so expect some other tricks up her sleeve!
We’re also aware that there is some kind of sneaky bug in Jungle that seems to occasionally affect the frame rate. We’re hunting it down right now, apologies for the issue but we didn’t want it to stop us from delivering on our weekly update promise!
- New audio sting at the start of boss fights
- Updated Boss Intros
- Added new particle systems
- Objective Destroyed Smoke
- Blood gib effects on enemy damage
- Aura effect for medkit and ammo pickups
- Explosion effects
- New Boss! Yatcha Queen, boss of the Jungle (offline only for now)
- New Boss UI showing boss name & Health bar
- You can now re-select your weapons after a boss fight, for the next world (Offline only for now)
- Increased the size of the Hunters in the jungle level.
- Updated spawn routine of the hunters
- Restarting a mission now takes you to the first stage of that world, instead of back to Coastal
- Modified accuracy and damage on Hunter weaponry
- Updated Weapons - New rates of fire and damage on almost every gun in the game
- Updated collision accuracy for bullets
- Increased speed of all player bullets, reduced lifespans
- Matrix 80 Accuracy reduced
- Gordon boss music updated
- Grenade radius and damage reduced.
- Grenade knockback increased
- SFX Tweaked
- Gordon’s Knife attacks now do less damage
- Restarting the game now restarts from the current world, not the game
- Updated level generation algorithms to be more optimal
- Fixed online movement collision
- Score display no longer resets between worlds
- Fixed mission intro prompt displaying wrong mission for Jungle 3
- Fixed issue where hunters weren’t being recycled correctly, causing them to get stuck
- Fixed objective huts in the jungle not changing art asset when destroyed.
- Fixed legs in the jungle, which would sometimes stay invisible when not in bushes.
- Fixed music playback issues
- Fixed hunters sometimes laughing forever before they die
- Fixed issue where enemies killed in the last stages of the previous levels would carry over into the next level, doing their best impression of strobe lighting
- Fixed issue with the camera zoom not resetting when breaking focus
- Fixed issue where level progression online would break
- Bosses do not work online, we make the game skip them
- Clients seem not to have any HUd info other than objective- and player-arrows after the second level
- After Jungle-3, you will land back in the lobby. We’d love to say starting a new game from there work 100%, but it doesn’t. Give it a go though!
- Clients do not see chat in the Lobby on game-loop
We also had a few issues reported and updated with a Patch 6.5, containing the following fixes:
- Keyboard & mouse players can now interact with the inter-world level select screen without any issues, so you guys can all progress through the game properly now! - We’ve fixed smoke columns at destroyed objectives so it doesn’t linger into the next level. - Shotgunner Enemies were travelling at crazily high speeds once players progressed beyond Yatcha Queen and into the New Game Plus loop. Now fixed! Enemies still get harder on successive game loops, but are no longer doing impresions of The Flash.
- 2 months ago
Ok, lets talk co-op.
as many of you know, one of the biggest and easily one of the most fun additions to Rebirth is local single screen co-op.. and here is how it works.
when you are playing isaac, a friend/mom/soul mate can join you by pressing start on the 2nd controller (or 1st controller if…
Co-op is a great addition to any action game, can’t wait!Source: isisaacdead
- 2 months ago
- 2 months ago
- 3 months ago
- 3 months ago
- 4 months ago